Thursday, August 16, 2012

DIY :: storage box

When you have babies, you end up with a lot of empty boxes. What can you do with them? 1) Recycle them! or 2) Reuse them! How can you reuse them? If your kid(s) have more toys than they need - like mine - you can turn them into storage boxes. 

What you need:
empty diaper box
scissors
paint

What you do:
1. Cut to tops off. And remove extra top from the opening.
2. Paint and let dry completely.
3. Use!


If you want a more dressy look, you can cover with fabric. I used paint, since I'm out of fabric right now. Maybe my next ones will be more dressy. You would also decorate the boxes with glitter glue, stickers, etc. Whatever you want.

I made these to try and clear up some space in my son's play area in the living room. It was looking cluttered and piled up. It needed fixed! With these, the area looks better. I need a few more still, haha.

4 comments:

  1. We have Parent's Choice boxes all of our house... and we put Aiden's toys in them too! :) I saw some cute things on Pinterest on how to "jazz" them up! But it looks like you beat me to it! :)

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah, I've seen much prettier ones than mine. Hopefully, I can do an updated post with nicer, more fancy, looking ones.

      Delete
  2. Great idea.I might have to try this.
    Would love for you to come link this idea up with our 'Fly On By' Linky Party at Melting Moments.
    http://meltingmoments.info/?p=1942

    ReplyDelete